Advances in Neurobiology of Disease (E09F6A)
Diseases of the central nervous system are a fascinating group of disorders. Often they are difficult to treat. During this course an overview of such diseases will be given, with an update and discussion on the current cellular and molecular pathogenesis and future therapies.
Mode of examination
Oral exam with written preparation (outside normal exam period)
LEES EERST HIER HOE JE BESTANDEN MOET UPLOADEN! Je moet ook een account hebben.
(Click here to upload files.)
(Click here to add exam questions.)
- role of TDP43 in neurodegeneration
- Role of amyloid in Alzheimers disease
- alpha synucleïne in Parkinson's disease
- explain figure with x-axis 'allelfrequenty', en in the y-axis 'effect'
- What are the mechanisms of cell death after brain ischemia
- You get a few pedigrees and you need to explain wich type of inheritance it is (autosomal dominant/recessif, X linked,..)
- Role of Progranulin in neurodegeneration
- Difference between mutation and single nucleotide polymorphism
- Role of endocannabinoids in epileptogenesis
- Discuss the mechanism of cell death during ischemic stroke
- what is the role of alfa-synuclein in neurodegeneration
- Discuss the pedigree of inheritance (5)