Fundamental and Medical Aspects of Cardiovascular Biology (E04N5A)
This Advanced course will give a thorough overview of cardiovascular biology and disease, discussing fundamental, diagnostic, as well as therapeutic issues. Appropriate attention is given to the integration of state-of-the-art gene/genome and downstream transcriptome or proteome technologies as well as to the experimental in vitro and in vivo models, each with its possibilities, advantages and drawbacks, that are applied to unravel the molecular and cellular pathways and identify candidate genes involved in the pathophysiological processes discussed.
LEES EERST HIER HOE JE BESTANDEN MOET UPLOADEN! Je moet ook een account hebben.
Klik hier om bestanden toe te voegen.)
(Klik hier om examenvragen toe te voegen.)
Examenvragen '12 - '13
Examenvragen '13 - '14
1) Which forms of blood vessel formation excist in the human body (4) and explain the notch signaling pathway.
2) What is the HDL hypothesis and in which therapeutic areas can it be used?
3) Explain the function of PHD in macrophages during ischemia.
4) How can the metabolism influence the angiogenesis process and vice versa?
Examenvragen '14 - '15
1) Explain how VEGF and its receptor(s) are important for blood vessel formation & sprouting. (Dewerchin)
2) Explain how fibrinolysis can be inhibited. (Lijnnen)
3) Explain the function of macrophages in arteriogenesis and explain this term. (Mazzone)
4) Finding new biological therapies are important, why & explain. (Janssens)