Advanced Studies in Developmental Biology: Organogenesis (E04N3A)
This course is composed of keynote lectures that are based on recent review papers, but sufficient details are incorporated about the experimental approaches used in research papers. The emphasis in this course is on the cell differentiation and the network of signalling cascades that pattern the developing organ properly and organize it into a functional unit, rather than on the morphological aspects of organogenesis.
Left-right asymmetry / Heart development / embryonic stem cells and chimaera rescue / Development of Blood and Lymphatic vessels
Kidney development / Cartilage and Bone development / ‘in detail” Limb development / Pancreas development / Tooth development
Form of examination
Oral exam taken by the 3 professors, 2 questions each
outside of the normal exam period
LEES EERST HIER HOE JE BESTANDEN MOET UPLOADEN! Je moet ook een account hebben.
(Click here to upload files.)
(Klik here to add exam questions.) Sjabloon:Advanced Studies in Developmental Biology: Organogenesis (E04N3A)/examenvragen
- Each class a different organ system is discussed
- The 3 main professors each teach several chapters aided by guest speakers
- Presence in class really helped in understanding the material
- Some chapters are accompanied by a review article
- examin questions focused on the material taught by the examinator, sufficient preparation time was given.